Action: Month 2
2019 is my year of Action. And boy, does that mean something different than I expected!
First of all, life throws curve balls. 10 days ago, I fell and landed on my tailbone. Like, directly on it. I’m pretty sure it’s just bruised and not fractured (the treatment is the same but the time it takes to heal is 4 weeks instead of 12), but I’m having to learn where my limits are and ask for a lot more help than I usually do.
Seriously, I had no clue just how independent I was until I couldn’t do it all by myself anymore!
Second, it’s been a crazy busy month. We’ve been spending our weekends at Disney if we aren’t cleaning our Airbnb or at the dance studio. This isn’t unexpected, but it does mean our schedule is more crowded than it used to be.
But I’m still making progress!
I bought a bunch of the tools I need for some of my projects (will list them momentarily), and I’m averaging a unit a week of Spanish. I’ve also made more progress on my Esther book. It’s going to be an audiobook as well as for Kindle and a print book, so this morning I read the first chapter. It’s harder than I thought it would be!
So while the kitchen projects will have to be put on the back burner (ha! get it?), I’m making strides on two of the goals.
Currently the list looks like this:
- make tamales
- make macarons
- make Manti (a Turkish ravioli-style dish)
- edit and publish my Esther book (starting the audiobook format)
- edit and publish my 2018 NaNoWriMo book
- learn Spanish (halfway through Unit 6 out of 20!)
- make vanilla extract in the Instant Pot (bought the vanilla and the containers)
- make Fire Cider (bought the containers)
- make sauerkraut (bought containers)
- make kimchi (bought containers and kelp powder)
- make croissants
- ? I still don’t know what my final goal will be.